Natart has always been committed to producing the best products for families and our drive for excellence touches every aspect of the company. Whether it’s the health and safety of your children or the impact of manufacturing on the environment, Natart constantly evolves and improves.
Health and Safety
All Natart products across brands bear the Greenguard Gold certification and it was the first brand in the industry to do so. All products are made from solid wood and are made to be reliable and durable for years. It means parents need not worry about harmful fumes or volatile compounds in the nursery.
Natart uses the latest manufacturing techniques to minimize the impact on the environment and improve product safety for users. For instance, all Natart furniture is made with solid wood sourced from Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified forests. These forests adhere to strict standards for replanting and management, making the manufacturing process more sustainable.
The factory also uses water-based adhesives and wood stains to reduce the use of chemicals, harmful or otherwise. Varnishes are rolled on instead of spraying to minimize fumes in the air.
These measures allows Natart to care for the welfare of our customers, employees, and the environment at the same time.
Creating a fresh work environment
Factories can be noisy and dark. Natart strives to create an environment that is hospitable and allows everyone to put in their best efforts.
As part of efforts to improve the workplace, over 100 pothos plants have been installed in the factory. It might seem odd to put plants inside a factory but there are multiple benefits to introducing greenery in any workspace.
Benefits of using greenery
- Plants are a great way to improve the air quality in any room. While industrial machinery can always filter out impurities, no system is perfect. Plants can supplement the air system and supply increased levels of oxygen as well, something most filtration systems cannot do.
- Green plants are also excellent at removing impurities in the air. More specifically, Pothos plants purify the air of several gases including formaldehyde, benzene, and carbon monoxide.
- Plants offer a natural method of eliminating odors in the air. There is no need to use artificial or powered air fresheners in the area.
- For staff that works on the computer all day, Pothos plants can alleviate eye strain by providing a secondary focal point. Adding greenery to any space helps people relax and destress.
- Using plants in offices and factories has been shown to improve staff happiness and productivity. It’s important to have a connection to nature even while we spend all our time indoors.
- Watering indoor plants improve the humidity levels as well, thus minimizing the effects of dry air on humans. Plants are great to have inside especially when you cannot open doors or windows due to the weather outdoors.
Reasons for using POTHOS plants
There are several reasons POTHOS plants were selected for the Natart factory.
Pothos plants are very easy to care for and grow well in most environments. They do not require much care in terms of fertilizer and watering. They can withstand short periods of neglect and bounce back quickly when watered again.
Although pothos prefers high humidity, they also grow well in drier environments. They easily propagate through cuttings and do not need very large pots for their roots either.
These plants do not need direct sunlight to grow as well. It makes them ideal for closed or even dar spaces like an office or a factory. As a bonus, pothos does not attract most insects which means our factory remains free of pests and pesticides!
These plants come in a wide variety of colors and leaf shapes. As it is a trailing tropical vine, it’s ideal for hanging baskets or plant stands. It allows us to hang the plants out of the way while we work and still reap the benefits of greenery in the workplace.
As you can see, pothos plants are ideal for indoor use, especially in a factory environment. They require minimum care and growing conditions while helping to improve indoor air quality. Bringing fresh greenery into the factory is a great way to improve the environment and general working conditions.
Natart believes that happy employees are the best employees and bringing plants indoors is another way for us to improve the welfare of our staff.